The Mack in Mack Island
Most of the Wolf Lake shoreline has been organized into subdivisions (see below), beginning with Wolf Wildwood in 1902 The one major exception is Mack Island - it is simply "a place".
The early history of the island is considered elsewhere in this history; we simply now ask: how was it named?
Chauncey Millen initiated the island as a resort in 1891 by building what later became known as "The Millen". When Millen retired in 1913, the resort was sold to William McIntyre who, reasonably, changed the name close to his own. In advertising for the resort opening in the Cit-Pat (6/13/14), McIntyre officially named it Mack Island, "formerly the Millen Resort."